Adult acne can be challenging to heal.
Acne which shows up the very first time needs to be analyzed and taken care of by a dermatologist.
What is acne ?
No matter what age, acne is a disease of the skin oil glands. These kinds of glands are connected to follicles of hair and create an oily material known as sebum. An acne sore creates whenever a hair follicle gets plugged with sebum and dead cells. The pathogenic situations in the skin oil glands are considered to be due in great degree to changes in levels of androgenic hormones in the body-a circumstance typically connected with the development and growth among the ages of twelve and twenty one.
Adult acne which shows 25 to 30 years old may occur for these reasons:
- Recurrence of acne that cleared up after adolescence
- Flare-up of acne after a period of relative quiet-for example, during pregnancy
- Occurs for the first time in a person who had never previously had acne.
Adult acne which appears the very first time ought to be analyzed by a skin doctor who is able to investigate the main cause.
Some causes of adult acne are:
- Medication. Several medications that may cause acne consist of anabolic steroids (often used illegally by sportsmen), a few anti-epileptic drugs, the anti-tuberculosis drugs such as isoniazid and rifampin, lithium and iodine-containing.
- Constant physical pressure on the skin. Chafing from the shoulder straps of a backpack or tucking a violin among the jaw bone and chin may cause a medical condition called acne mechanica.
- Chlorinated industrial chemicals. These can cause the occupational skin problem generally known as chloracne.
- Metabolic conditions. Modifications to the hormone balance, such as those caused by pregnancy, menstruation or hormonal imbalance can cause acne.
Also, it is essential to realize that some skin lesions which show up to be acne are not acne by any means. One skin problem that looks like acne is folliculitis, which happens when the follicles of hair get infected and inflamed. Folliculitis needs different remedy than acne.