Minimize Skin Irritation After Shaving
Change up Your Regime
Prepare your skin for shaving to reduce the chance of irritating your skin layer. For instance:
- Apply warm, definitely not hot water – hot water takes away way too much of the skin’s natural oil, making it dry, hypersensitive and irritated.
- Exfoliate softly – make use of a soft washcloth to lightly slough away dead skin cells, allowing for a smoother shave.
- Take a shower – a steamy shower prior to shaving may add moisture to the skin and that will make your hair much softer and easier to remove.
- Utilize a top quality razor – a brand new, sharp blade is the least irritating option.
- Moisturize – applying a moisturizer during and after shaving will certainly replace any oils and moisture lost throughout shaving – helping avoid dry and sensitive skin after shaving.
Shaving Products and solutions – Exactly What Is The Best Option?
Numerous shaving products consist of components that simply make the acne breakout and dry, sensitive skin issue even worse. For instance, numerous aftershave contains alcohol, therefore even though it is designed to “soothe” the skin after shaving, in fact it dries it out even more. Below are a few more ingredients to avoid in your shaving products:
- Propylene glycol – a typical skin irritant
- Triethanolamine – an allergen and skin irritant
- Mineral oil – a petroleum-based respiratory and immune allergen
- Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate – sulfates are extremely irritating to hypersensitive skin, and in addition increase vulnerability to other chemical compounds in products since they open up the pores.
Selecting natural, pure products is the best strategy to look after your skin – shaving products are no different. Plant-based, organic oils can easily soothe dry, irritated, sensitive skin, add more moisture without harming your skin or even your health, and assist in preventing and clearing up the aftershave breakouts.
Mainly because natural, oil-based products build the barrier in between skin and razor that stops irritation as well as moisturizse the skin. A couple of natural ingredients that are recognized to restore dry, sensitive and irritated skin after shaving are:
- Organic and natural Virgin Coconut oil – anti-inflammatory, soothing and therapeutic
- Cranberry seed – particularly moisturizing and nourishing
- Olive oil – superb emollient and skin conditioner
- Avocado oil – healing nutrients for dry skin
- Lavender – reduces irritation and stimulates skin tone
- Calendula – antioxidants defend against environmental skin damage.
So, in the event that your skin is dry, hypersensitive and not-so-smooth after shaving, or maybe you get breakouts, think about changing up your routine and the products you use. Natural products are the best option for your skin, your entire body, along with the environment.